Who We Are & What We Do
We are Winnipeg’s largest waterjet company operating out of a 40,000 square foot facility, using state-of-the-art waterjet technology. We manufacture custom flooring, walls, furniture, signage and more for the architectural, industrial, interior and landscape design industries; landscape suppliers; carpet and tile suppliers; signage companies; furniture designers and fine artists. Waterjet Solutions is ISO 9001 certified.
- 1969 – Stan Baldwin opens State Industries in Winnipeg as a polyurethane parts manufacturer to serve the Canadian mining industry. Company begins manufacturing parts for military; agriculture, and automotive industries.
- 1975 - State Industries moves to a larger facility on Wall Street.
- 1992 - Payam Towfigh assumes ownersip State Industries. A joint venture is established with RollerBlade Inc. of Minnesota to manufacture in-line skate wheels for international markets. A fully automated factory is built in Winnipeg.
- 2000 - State Industries moves to a larger facility on Border Street.
- 2007 - a new CNC division is added to the production facility which provides water jet cutting and CNC machining for a variety of materials and substrates.
- 2009 - State industries moves once again to a new location on Church Street with more than 40,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space.